Throw Your Own Pink Party!
It's October, and corks are popping everywhere for a great cause: Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For nearly 30 years, this annual event has served to raise awareness and needed funds for research.
At Chandon, we're big supporters, and we hold our own Pink Party fundraiser at the winery each October. This year, we wanted to encourage our Club Chandon members to organize their own Pink Parties. So we’ve put together this Pink Party Guide, including recipes for pink cocktails and pink nibbles, tips for decorating and ideas for making your event fun and charitable. It’s easy, it’s great for the cause and your friends will have a ball!
Dazzling Pink Costumes and Decors
• Invite your guests to dress in pink and bring donations for a "best costume" prize fund. Pink feather boas, pink evening gloves, pink tuxedos and top hats — anything goes! The person or couple with the winning costume will have the prize fund donated in their name to an organization that is working toward a cure for breast cancer, such as the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation or Napa's own Queen of the Valley Hospital.
• Accessorize your own costume with a pink bracelet or lapel pin that shows your support for the cause.
• Light up the night with pink Chinese lanterns and pink balloons. Then light up your guests with pink glow sticks and necklaces from GlowStickFactory.com.
• Make sure you have information about Breast Cancer Research on hand for your party guests. Visit nbcam.org for downloadable materials.
• For more costume and decoration ideas, check out the photos from our own Pink Party at the Domaine Chandon winery.
Stock up for your Pink Party at Chandon.com. For every 750 ml bottle of rosé you buy, we'll donate $1.00 for Breast Cancer Research. Mix and match your order any way you want, with sparkling Chandon Rosé and etoile Rosé, or varietal Domaine Chandon Unoaked Pinot Noir Rosé.
Sparkling Pink Cocktails
Set up your bar with pink cocktail mixers from modmix so you can serve your guests a Chandon Pomegranate Cosmopolitan or a Chandon French Martini. Or choose another pink drink from our collection of Cocktail Recipes.
• Add sparkle to your cocktails with liquid-activated pink lightcubes from FlashingBlinkyLights.com.
Tempting Pink Nibbles
This playlist is a great introduction to jazz from the prebop, bebop and hardbop eras. Whatever style you call them, these classic performances will set just the right tempo for your cocktail party. You can download these songs as a Club Chandon iMix at the Apple iTunes Store.
Visit Passionately Pink for the Cure, a website of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, to find menu ideas, party themes and decorations, party games and useful fundraising tips.
On behalf of cancer survivors, their family and friends, and everyone working to improve education and awareness about breast cancer, thanks for supporting the cause and drinking pink this month!
|< Prev||Next >|