Pinots in the Park
Summer means many things—longer days, pleasantly warm nights and the season of rosé wine among them—but one of our favorite fair weather traditions is the start of picnic season. For our money, the combo of fresh air, a blanket to recline on, a simple meal of artisanal food and a glass of Chandon is hard to beat.
When looking for that perfect bottle of wine to complement your outdoor fête, you can’t go wrong with Chandon bubbly. Or if you’d like to mix it up with some elegant still wine, consider our newly-released 2009 Carneros Pinot Noir or 2010 Carneros Pinot Meunier, nuanced red wines sure to elevate even the simplest of picnic fare to new heights. Looking for more alfresco inspiration? Here are some Chandon-inspired tips for making yours a summer to savor:
1. Explore the urban jungle: A memorable picnic doesn’t necessarily require an excursion into the wilderness. Find a quiet corner of your favorite city park, spread out the blanket, open your basket of goodies and watch the world go by.
2. Bubbles in your glass, sand in your toes: The only way we’ve found to improve upon a sunny day at the beach is to add a handful of good friends. Just don’t forget the cooler, ice and sunblock.
3. The great outdoors, from the comfort of home: You simply cannot go wrong with a backyard barbecue. Prep the grilling station, load a galvanized metal tub with ice and Chandon and then brush up on etoile Restaurant Chef Perry Hoffman’s tips for a perfectly-executed patio party.
4. Don’t forget Dad: The start of summer also means Father’s Day, so show Dad how much you care with a day of outdoor family fun—and a bottle of his favorite Chandon wine.
5. Expect the unexpected: For a can’t-miss crowd-pleaser, consider wowing your guests with handcrafted sparkling cocktails. They add color, fun and easy conversation to any garden party, and the cocktails perfectly prepare palates for the grilled feast you’ll soon be serving.
For more ideas—and to start preparing for your next expertly-hosted soirée—you can also visit Chandon’s Occasion Planner for a perfect social blueprint, from food and wine to music to creative entertaining tips. Enjoy the sunshine!
|< Prev||Next >|