Cellar Worker III
Domaine Chandon is seeking a Cellar Worker III
Reporting to the Cellar Master, the Cellar Worker III is responsible to perform intermediate to advanced cellar operations with limited supervision in order to create wines of the highest quality.
Domaine Chandon's Cellar Worker III will be responsible to:
Cellar Work: (85%)
• With limited supervision, perform and direct routine operation of pumps and filters to rack, transfer, and clarify juice and wine.
• Under limited supervision operate all complex cellar equipment, including: membrane and pad filters, heat exchanger, centrifuge, DE pressure filter, cross flow, and STARS.
• Enter accurate and detailed bulk inventory gauging and transfer information on cellar work orders.
• Monitor accuracy and completeness of cellar work orders conducted by Cellar I and Cellar II staff.
• Responsible for sanitation of equipment and facilities in all areas of cellar activity.
• Collect wine samples and general support for laboratory sampling.
• Perform and direct chemical additions to wine.
• Perform and direct equipment maintenance such as hose repair.
• Perform and direct barrel maintenance.
• Perform all barrel procedures including receiving, prepping, filling, topping, cleaning/sanitation, and inventory.
• Set both manual and automatic tank temperature control.
• Safely operate forklift and handcarts.
• Operate and direct operation of presses and crushers.
• Handle shipping and receiving of wine tankers and grape deliveries.
• Maintain yeast and malo-lactic cultures to ensure viability.
Team Support and Administrative: (15%)
• Participate in safety, department, and company meetings.
• General support and coordination with Laboratory and Operations departments.
• Train and direct less skilled workers.
• Conduct inventory on wine and supplies.
• Take lead role in equipment repair and preventative maintenance programs.
• Review completed work orders for accuracy and entry into Lotus Notes Cellar Work Order System
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Languages: Fluent English
Professional experience & know how:
• Minimum 4 years winery cellar experience.
• Knowledge of safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals.
• Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures.
• Ability to be trained in confined space entry process and procedures.
• Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified.
Technical & management skills:
• Ability to understand and perform basic math.
• Ability to understand and perform basic measurements.
• Ability to train and direct less skilled workers, including seasonal labor.
• Preferred: intermediate knowledge and ability of the following computer software programs: MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook or Lotus Notes.
Personal & interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer