Domaine Chandon is seeking a receptionist to be responsible to greet all visitors having business with Domaine Chandon and Newton Vineyard as well as promptly provide a courteous response to their inquiries and requests, answer all incoming calls in a friendly and professional manner and to route those calls to the appropriate party, being responsible for day-to-day operation of the administrative reception area and specific administrative support tasks for General Administration & HR.
Domaine Chandon's Receptionist will be responsible for:
General Reception: 40%
• As first impression of Domaine Chandon, provide superior customer service in receiving all DCC guests.
• Greet visitors, notify receiving party of arrival and accommodate visitors with appropriate hospitality.
• Answer all calls personally, unless on another line, during business hours of operation and route incoming calls for both Domaine Chandon and Newton Vineyard.
• Retrieve messages every morning that are left after business hours and route or follow up. • Maintain visitor's and business security processes.
General Administrative: 30%
• Responsible for organization and appearance of lobby, conference rooms and mailroom. • Ensure administrative area is well stocked with office supplies.
• In charge of mail distribution (incoming/outgoing)
• Coordinate maintenance of office equipment, including but not limited to the copy machines; fax machines; postage meter and coffee machine.
• Ensure logistic support for meetings
• Maintain a current Reception Procedure manual, to support temporary or others covering Reception.
• Ensure all cost expenditures do not exceed the G&A Budget, working in partnership with the HR Director.
HR Administrative: 30%
• Assist HR department by compiling new hire packets, orientation packets, etc. and other assigned tasks
• Assist HR department with all communication via email to all employees and Intranet Postings
• Responsible for weekly e-newsletter creation and distribution.
• Supports HRD and Safety Administrator with documentation, meetings, and communication regarding Safety Committee.
• Enroll and register employees for training, including setting up logistics as needed/requested. Maintain accurate training documentation to support HR team.
• Support HRD by preparing Expense Expert and PCard documentation for submission, on a timely basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education: High school diploma required, college degree preferred
Languages: English. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Professional experience & know how: Minimum of two yearsexperience in an office environment.
Technical & management skills:
• Knowledge of automated phone systems.
• E-mail (LOTUS) proficiency.
• Intermediate skills in MicroSoft Office: Excel, Word, PPT
Personal & interpersonal skills :
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Detail oriented, commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all organizational levels and outside vendors.
• Ability to take initiative and be self-directed.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Ability to verbally communicate clearly and concisely.
• Manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to maintain professionalism when multiple demands are being made
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wine Club and E-Commerce Representative
Contribute to the growth of the wine club and e-commerce business for Newton Vineyard , and as needed for Domaine Chandon, by developing rapport with wine club members and providing superior customer service, driving sales, member and email list acquisition, member retention, and data management support.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
This individual reports to the manager of wine club and e-commerce and shares responsibility for reaching the goals of the Newton Vineyard and Domaine Chandon e-Commerce and Wine Club teams including, customer service, sales, member and e-mail list acquisition, member retention, customer growth, data management and revenue goals.
Customer Service (85%)
Develop rapport with wine club members and provide outstanding customer service in keeping with a premium luxury winery.
- Follow up with customers and respond, resolve customer inquiries via e-commerce, voicemail, phone, email, written correspondence, or in person..
- Proactively resolve customer inquiries within one business day regarding sales, custom club orders, returns, shipment tracking, damaged shipments, declined credit cards, credit card disputes, change of address, club membership cancellation requests, e-Commerce orders, accessing Club-Chandon.com, and tour reservations, etc.
- Respond within one business day to e-mail inboxes and voice mail..
- Maintain current and comprehensive knowledge of all wine Offerings
- Retain club members who wish to cancel membership
- Promote sales/upsell customers through product and promotion knowledge and enthusiasm
- Represent the company at club events and provide support as needed.Respond to inquiries from Hospitality staff regarding club membership offerings and shipped orders
- Maintain and build solid working relationships with internal and external business partners
Data Coordination (15%)
- Accurately add data and maintain CRM database and customer records in an effort to provide superior customer service and track results Process orders into eWinery solutions, or related systems
- Insure that all wine orders are run through compliance software and follow through on non-compliant orders Assist with system integrations and contribute ideas to systems and process improvements and efficiencies as well as ideas that will enhance the customer experience
- Assist with any department-related tasks or projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with direct sales inventory maintenance, replenishment, reviewing, tracking and reconciliation as needed
- General office environment
Working several days each week at Newton Vineyard in Saint Helena with the remaining days of the work week at Domaine Chandon’s administrative offices in Yountville.
Education: College degree preferred or applicable experience
Languages: English required
Professional experience & know how: Customer service experience is required.
- Customer and sales centricity is key. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-orientation, self-motivation, proactive problem solving, follow-through and ability to work with limited supervision are vital to the success of this position.
Technical & management skills:
- Ability to use application software to perform administrative role including eWinery Solutions, Excel, Word, SAP and Lotus Notes or Microsoft Outlook. Ability to multi-task using telephone, computer and written communications.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
Strong team player, excellent communication skills both within and outside of the organization, positive and enthusiastic attitude.