Domaine Chandon is seeking a Payroll Specialist to manage the overall delivery of Payroll services for Domaine Chandon and Newton Vineyards. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of payroll processing, maintaining proper internal controls and ensuring compliance & protecting DCC/Newton from any liability. Provide support for all other aspects related to employee pay and compensation, working in coordination with Finance and Human Resources staff, in addition to other administrative responsibilities.
Manage the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for payroll. Oversee the calculation of earnings, overtime, and deductions to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. Ensure that payments and government reports are dispersed in a timely and accurate manner. Establish policies and procedures for the payroll function.
- Develop, implement and follow, sound payroll policies, procedures and controls
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all payroll processes
- Process bi-weekly payroll ensuring the timely and accurate computation and payment of earnings
- Ensure payrolls are processed in accordance with legal, regulatory and business requirements with the highest level of integrity paid to internal controls
- Ensure that an exceptional level of customer service and responsiveness is maintained
- Review business practices, policies and procedures continually for efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop and implement process improvements. Make recommendations to management as necessary
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of payroll requirements and best practices and continually reassess our compliance with them
- Maintain records of all payroll transactions, tax filings and interactions with employees and partners. Ensure overall record maintenance is consistent and complies with IRS and Federal / Local record retention guidelines.
- Foster and maintain relationship with ADP for problem resolution, system enhancements and development of processing solutions.
- Perform and oversee reconciliations of various payroll related GL accounts and ensure the timely resolution of reconciling items / All items of transfer to Accounting
- Assist with various audits as necessary
- Analyze payroll financial data, compile reports and prepare recommendations to management.
- Prepare, review and reconcile required bi-weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Develop and deliver ad-hoc financial reports as requested.
- Develop and prepare reports and statistics for government agencies and others.
- Accurately prepare and request funds disbursements. Prepare monthly reconciliation reports.
- Other assistance as required with projects that require remuneration analysis, or in relationship to compensation.
- Annual Non-Discrimination Testing and all other Reporting responsibilities
- Annual return / Report 5500 series forms in partnership with LVMH business consultants
- Annual Year End processing and compliance
- In conjunction with ADP and Bank Holidays, set payroll annual calendar
- Annual payment of bonuses ensuring adherence to correct and best practice for compliance
- Expatriate exceptional payments
- Processing recognition rewards such as gift cards, Tips, and Incentives in compliance with IRS guidelines and company policies
- Fringe benefit payments, including policy, procedure and calculations in accordance with LVMH policy and IRS
- Retention and turnover reporting
- VIE PTO
- Other ad hoc reporting
ADMINISTRATIVE / HR (25%)
- Assist with other projects as needed: training sessions, implementation of retention tools, recruitment advertising, etc.
- Records and file maintenance
- Responsible for completion of Employment verifications, in accordance with Company Policy
Education: Related college degree or equivalent experience
Professional experience & know-how: 3+ years Human Resources, Payroll and/or Finance experience with progressive responsibilities
Technical & management skills:
- solid ADP (Pay Expert preferred + HRB HRIS) and reporting experience,
- EZLabor or time keeping systems experience/knowledge a plus,
- working knowledge of Accounting,
- intermediate Word
- advanced Excel skills a plus (create and apply filters and pivot tables)
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- strong self-starter, takes appropriate initiative
- team player, partners and works effectively with HR team and Management
- excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task with demanding deadlines in a fast paced environment
- detail oriented, focused with rigor to ensure accuracy
- continuous improvement and change management
- excellent verbal and written skills
- flexible, can manage multiple deadlines and set/re-align priorities as needed
- strong analytical skills
- impeccable professionalism providing Confidentiality
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH -- Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
To apply, please email us your resume, including your salary history in the cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at our Administrative Offices, 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599.
Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer