Seasonal and On Call Positions at etoile
Seasonal and On Call Positions at étoile Restaurant
The étoile Restaurant at Domaine Chandon is currently seeking:
- Seasonal Back Waiters, Runners, Expeditors Line Cooks
- On Call Front Waiters, Back Waiters and Host/esses
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Fluent English Required. Bilingual Spanish/French a plus.
Professional Experience and Know How:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Required to participate in regularly scheduled educational sessions given by the restaurant. Must show interest in furthering knowledge of wine and culinary industry
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor with varying degree of temperature is required.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced restaurant environment while performing at fine dining industry level standards.
- Environment requires extensive public interaction among internal and external contacts.
- Environment also requires flexibility to accommodate all guests with an equal quality of service. Goal is to provide extraordinary experience for all patrons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, or legally protected status.
étoile, the Michelin-starred restaurant at Domaine Chandon is one of Napa Valley's most celebrated destinations and the only fine dining restaurant located in a winery. An extraordinary setting, innovative cuisine, and seamless service combine to create the ultimate food and wine experience
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Scope: Assist the Restaurant Manager in leading the restaurant staff and maintaining customer service standards, and in the event of the absence of the Restaurant Manager acting in that capacity.
Ensure a High Quality Guest Experience: (50%)
- Promote a positive, quality-oriented employee culture within the department and overall company.
- Uphold restaurant standards and business code of ethics in order to ensure a high performance team.
- Responsible for reviewing Open Table for changes or additions to the reservations every day, in order to assess and adjust staffing levels if necessary.
- Confirm that the service set-up has been completed including adequate stocking of all supplies and assists FOH staff when necessary.
- Ensure all points of service as outlined in the training manual are upheld at all times.
- Assist and support service staff at all times.
- Responsible for addressing guest concerns and complaints in an immediate and professional manner.
Technical/Staff Training: (25%)
- Partner with the Restaurant Manager in the coordination of the training and development of staff knowledge of DCC & NWT portfolio, wine-inspired cuisine and third party wines featured on restaurant wine list.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager with the wine and beverage program maintaining an award winning wine list.
- Ensure wine & beverage inventory is kept accurate at all times. Replenish stock as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation of the weekly staff schedules in accordance with labor budget under direction of the Restaurant Manager.
- Ensure that all staff are punctual and accurately using the time keeping system as required.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager with the monthly DCC wine & quarterly 3rd party wine inventory reconciliation process.
- Responsible for entering menu items into the Micros system, archive any old items, and verify all prices are accurate. Verify SAP interface is functioning properly.
- Responsible to ensure that Micros sales feed properly into SAP, partnering with IT and Finance departments.
- In the absence of the Restaurant Manager, ensure that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Restaurant Manager in managing the restaurant P&L to maximize the generation of operating profit.
- Partner with the Restaurant Manager and Promotions Coordinator in tracking daily and weekly KPI’s and make regular adjustments in staffing and operating expenses to ensure that key ratios and budgets are achieved.
- Responsible for closing all registers and complete daily closing paperwork and cash drop during scheduled closing shift (lunch or dinner).
- Partner with Restaurant Manager in writing and delivering annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for partnering with the Restaurant Sales Manager in the planning, execution and follow up of group sales business for étoile and Domaine Chandon.
- Responsible for partnering with the Trade Coordinator and Restaurant Sales Manager in the planning, execution and follow-through of marketing and PR events involving the restaurant both on and off-site.
Customer Service: (25%)
- Provide customers with recommendations and information about étoile’s wine-inspired cuisine.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all guests.
- Communicate with external and internal customers in a professional manner.
- Strive to continually improve customer service in all areas of the operation.
- Collaborate with the Visitor Center team to ensure a seamless and exceptional guest experience
Michelin Standards (100%)
- Ensure étoile restaurant standards are set in order to maintain the award of the Michelin star.
Employee Management (100%)
- Responsible for management of Restaurant FOH team as indicated, acting as a leader and escalating issues through the proper communication channels.
- Responsible for the development of the Restaurant FOH team. Addressing and appraising performance, identifying training and development opportunities and acting as a coach/mentor when required.
- In tandem with HR and Restaurant Manager, interview and hire new employees.
- Maintain and submit accurate payroll records and timecards for your personnel.
Financial Management (100%)
- Responsible for assigned cost center budgeting, control and meeting financial targets set.
- Participate in developing operating budget and budgets for capital projects (if applicable).
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- BA/BS in Business Management or Hospitality management preferred.
- Introductory Exam, Court of Master Sommeliers preferred and/or W.S.E.T certification
- Fluent English Required. Bilingual Spanish/French preferred.
Professional Experience & Know How:
- Three to five years food and beverage experience with emphasis in fine dining.
- One year minimum food and beverage supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of wine industry and fine wine with emphasis on California wines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with the public and trade.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced restaurant environment.
Technical & Management Skills:
- Thorough understanding of micros and opentable.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and inspire team.
Personal & Interpersonal Skills:
- Action Oriented
- Building Effective Teams
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Managing Vision and Purpose
To apply, please come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599 or email us at email@example.com
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer