Do you share our passion for the good life? Come join us!
Domaine Chandon is seeking an Accounting Controller Reporting to the CFO of DCC/Newton, the Domaine Chandon's Accounting Controller will be responsible to:
Overseeing Accounting Department – Delivering Actual figures – Is the safeguard of accounting as well as local books figures full accuracy:
• Checks and challenges results in liaison with Supply Controller and Business Controller
• Ensure insurance policies are challenged and best practices put in place to assure company’s assets are safeguarded from all possible exposure
• Ensure Tax returns are properly prepared in coordination with LVMH inc tax team and Tax opportunities optimized
FSCP / Conduct and supervise the accounting team :
• Maintain and communicate to the stakeholders an efficient month-end close calendar.
• Ensure month-end timetable responsibilities are completed by due date, allocate tasks, conduct accounting processes and perform critical review of monthly balance sheet.
• Ensure total accuracy, presence of adequate documentation and a formalized archiving process.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and Accounting standards
• Ensure proper documentation and update of all accounting processes.
Systems and process management:
• Continual review to ensure that systems and processes are up-to-date, appropriate and continually monitored and improved.
• Make sure that systems are adequate in terms of internal control requirements and segregation of duties in particular.
Specifically for Hospitality Center/ CRM:
• Develop recommendations in terms of information flow, security of operations, processes efficiency.
• Ensures Hospitality financial processes are aligned to accounting scheme and allow a proper and reliable financial data analysis.
• Ensure that internal control criteria are met.
• Support the Hospitality organization’s development for Cash management policies and procedures.
• Review and improve organization of Bank Accounts and EBS banking, and other Treasury processes.
• Improve and Coordinate the administration of Bank Reconciliations, and ensure that they are kept updated.
• Oversee the net monetary positions for the Wineries
• Establish and administer all electronic banking access / authorizations as well as all bank signers authorizations, in accordance with the LVMH Segregation of Duty guidelines
• Ensure monthly cash positions are reported to LVMH via SyRUS reporting tool
Order to Cash Cycle
• Oversee all invoicing processes to ensure appropriate cutoff of revenues is achieved each accounting period.
• Oversees correct and timely reconciliation on Group Accounts Receivables
• Oversee the reporting of DSO (days of sales) to the Group
• Oversee a credit management policy that minimizes bad debt risk on 3rd party customers. Ensure a process is implemented that maintains effective internal controls over credit authorizations and revisions
• Develop and implement a bad debt reserve and credit memo policy that complies with LVMH SOD guidelines, ICF and revenue recognition principles.
Taxation, Legal and insurance:
• Collate all data for completion of company tax returns
• Handle the relationship with LVMH Inc and E&W CFO in Paris regarding all Tax matters, and coordinate tax department requests.
• Manage the relationship with LVMH Inc and E&W CFO in Paris regarding Insurance, and coordinate insurance requests.
• Can participate in the review of contract and agreements in coordination withthe Finance Director, Supply Controller, and Business Controller
Travel and Entertainment Expense Management
• Oversee the Company’s tool for tracking and reporting T&E expenses
• Manage full review of all T&E reports.
P-Card Program Management
• Administer thCompany’s P-Card program
• Ensure all P-Card processes are aligned with published policies and related internal control guidelines with the internal control coordinator
SAP – FI process Owner :
• Provide the business validation for any development regarding the Finance Module in SAP, in coordination with the MH Finance BPO (Business Process Owner)
• Be the point of contact for SAP FINANCE for the end-users (support, ad hoc training, …)
• Create infra ticket for any incident and ensure follow up with the Logica and MHIS support teams
Education :Bachelors degree in business or accounting, MBA and/or CPA preferred Languages :Fluent in English; French a Plus
Professional experience & know how: Require 5 to 8 years of solid experience in Controlling/AccountingDemonstrated track record of achieving results in a very dynamic and deadline-driven work environment while successfully building relationships with key stakeholdersSAP experienceStrong project management skills – proven track record of project planning, execution and communicationSolid experience in a Hands-On Management RoleControlling experience within a Retail and/or Restaurant business a plus
Technical & management skills : Strong knowledge of accounting principles, cost accounting and databasesDrives for results, able to challenge stakeholders to ensure accounting principles and processes are respectedProfessional skepticism which challenges published numbers with the emphasis on understanding the results of operations Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skillsStrong analytical and problem solving skills Good level of Excel skillsExperience in the utilization of databases and management tools (Essbase, …)
Personal & interpersonal skills: , Integrity, strong work ethicsManages proactivelyAttention to detail and leaderships skillsStrong Time management skillsBuilding effective teams
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599Read More >
Browse all finance Positions >
Production Forklift Operator
Maintain a superior quality of wines by performing a variety of routine bottling and cleaning procedures as well as special projects, such as hand labeling, special packaging and other non-standard packaging.
Forklift Operation: (50%)
• Load and unload production trains, ensuring proper placement of both product and dry goods into the required location.
• Transport to and from warehouses finished good and WIP product.
• Load and unload the Champagel with the correct inventory as per managements direction
• Stage product into the cold room for the next day's production.
• Stage sur latte product in warehouse 2, and ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and within the designated timline.
• Assist in unloading and loading of glass trucks, including paperwork consolidationPrepare and conduct inventory.
• Support tirage line through the supply of glass and removal of packed bins, including confirmation of tags prior to placement on the train.
• Ensures the automatic loader (Champagel is functioning correctly and bottles are loaded and proceeding through the line efficiently, must keep records of bins coming in with correct cuvee for the day. May be required to assist in dumping and washing of caps at the disgorger.
• Filler/Corker/Wire Hood/Tumbler/Washer/Foil Station: Responsible for stocking supplies and watching for low fills or abnormalities with the operation of each piece of equipment. Must check dosage; keep records of bottles used to fill filler or other bottles such as dumps and/or losses for the day.
• Case Erector/Packer/Case Sealer Station: Responsible for ensuring equipment is functioning correctly and manual placement of inserts into box. Verify cases are loaded with appropriate number of bottles as well as inspect for quality assurance, may add neckers or promotional material or close gift boxes as necessary. Verify all boxes have inserts, and must ensure erector is full at all times and glue sealer has plenty of glue.
• Palletizer Station: Ensure equipment is properly functioning, shrink wrap pallets, tag pallets with appropriate paperwork and then forklift to the loading dock. Must lift cases when needed to fix machine in safe manner.
• Glass Depalletizer Station: Responsible for cutting open pallets of shrunk wrapped glass and unloading onto conveyor. Must keep accurate count of glass coming in.
• Rover: Must manually pack as needed, put doors on bins, put on straps and fill in as needed. Keep records of bins rotating in and out for that day's production.• Still wine line production: Dump glass and place empty cases on overhead conveyor. Ensure fill heights are within specification, corker hopper has proper corks and is kept full. Hand packing of bottles is required, along with inspection of labels as they move through the line before packing. Hand palletizing of finished and unfinished product, shrink wrap pallets, and place tags on pallets with appropriate paperwork.
• Covering production line, performing operator duties when needed.
• Ensure all quality standards are being performed to established standards.
• Reportmachinery problems in a timely manner to management.
• Cover various production line stations during breaks, performing operator duties when needed.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Follow all safety procedures in operation of equipment and daily operations.
• Works with other departments to help where needed which include but are not limited to: Maintenance, Cellar, Warehouse, Sanitation, VLMs and Janitorial with flexible schedule changes as directed by Management.
• Performs general duties as assigned, or as the situation dictates.
• Conduct inventory counting of dry goods, surlatte, surpoint and unfinished product during daily, monthly, quarterly or annual inventories.
• Entering transfers into SAP data base.
• Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of daily record keeping and physical inventory of finished, WIP product and dry goods material.
• Accurately record all bins moved from warehouses on a daily basis.
• Participates in training and safety programs as directed by Production Supervisor in order to enhance job performance and knowledge of safe work practices.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Language: English required
Professional experience & know how:
Minimum 3 years winery production experience.
Knowledge of safe production practices, including safety of equipment and following procedures.
Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified.
Technical skills:Ability to understand and perform basic math.
Ability to understand and perform basic measurements.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH -- MoÃƒÂ«t Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
To apply, please send your resume with salary history to jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Chandon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead More >
Browse all production Positions >
Seasonal Back Waiter
Job Title: Seasonal Back Waiter
The étoile Restaurant is currently seeking a Seasonal Back Waiter.
- Customer Service & Support
- Set-up and Closing
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Fluent English Required. Bilingual Spanish/French preferred.
Professional Experience and Know How:
- Two years fine dining experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Required to participate in regularly scheduled educational sessions given by the restaurant. Must show interest in furthering knowledge of wine and culinary industry
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor with varying degree of temperature is required.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced restaurant environment while performing at fine dining industry level standards.
- Environment requires extensive public interaction among internal and external contacts.
- Environment also requires flexibility to accommodate all guests with an equal quality of service. Goal is to provide extraordinary experience for all patrons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, or legally protected status.
- Must be able to work in the kitchen and communicate multiple orders at the same time to both the culinary team and front of house team.
étoile, the Michelin-starred restaurant at Domaine Chandon is one of Napa Valley’s most celebrated destinations and the only fine dining restaurant located in a winery. An extraordinary setting, innovative cuisine, and seamless service combine to create the ultimate food and wine experience.
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at email@example.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Chandon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead More >
Browse all restaurant Positions >
Seasonal Retail AssociateThe Seasonal Retail Associate is responsible to communicate the uniqueness of Domaine Chandon through a consistent Brand message, while exhibiting excellence in customer service, in order to create a world-class experience for every guest. Main Responsibilities Provide a High Quality Visitor Experience Product Sales / Efficient, Productive and Positive Work Ethic Qualifications Education : High School Diploma Languages : Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public, but not required. Professional experience & know how : - Two years retail sales and wine related experience. - One to two years computerized register experience.- Strong communication skills with visiting groups of all sizes. - Communicate through active listening skills and open ended questions to gather immediate and accurate insight into guest needs. - Skill in actively looking for ways to help people. - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, selling products or services. - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. - Knowledge of Napa Valley wine and food. - Ability to work as a team player. - Is a self-starter and asks what can be done, doesn’t wait to be told. - Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you. - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide quickly and accurately. - Ability to see details at close range, within a few feet of observer. - Ability to stand on your feet for a full shift. - Work indoors and outdoors with the public. Technical & management skills: - Strong computer and phone skills. - Microsoft Office, AMS, multi-line phone system. - Ability to multi-task with accuracy and urgency. - Assesses situations quickly and responds with appropriate action, taking initiative to problem-solve, if necessary. - Makes decisions based on need of business and customer satisfaction and elevates to management as needed. Company Description: Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH – Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing. To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599 Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Read More >
Browse all retail Positions >