Do you share our passion for the good life? Come join us!
Seasonal Host / Hostess at Etoile Restaurant (napa county)Etoile, the restaurant at Domaine Chandon is one of Napa Valley's most celebrated destinations and the only fine dining restaurant located in a winery. An extraordinary setting, innovative cuisine, and seamless service combine to create the ultimate food and wine experience.The Etoile Restaurant is currently seeking a Seasonal Host / Hostess.Main Responsibilities:- Customer Service- Reservations- AdministrationEducation: High School diploma or equivalent required. Languages: Fluent English Required. Bilingual Spanish/French preferred. Professional Experience and Know How:- One year fine dining restaurant experience preferred. - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service in a fine dining restaurant setting. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.- Required to participate in regularly scheduled educational sessions given by the restaurant. Must show interest in furthering knowledge of wine and culinary industry. - Must have professional appearance and pay special attention to personal hygiene.- Must have experience using Microsoft Word applications. Intermediate computer skills required.- Experience using Open Table reservation system preferred.- Intimate knowledge of Napa Valley wineries, restaurants, and hotels preferred.Technical Skills: - Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced restaurant environment while performing at fine dining industry level standards. - Must be able to communicate clearly and quickly with Front and Back of house management and culinary teams all pertinent information related to reservations, guest needs, and dining room activity.- Environment requires extensive public interaction among internal and external contacts, must maintain a professional demeanor at all times.- Environment requires flexibility to accommodate all guests with an equal quality of service.- Ability to work indoor and outdoor with varying degree of temperature is required; Ability to stand for long periods of time.- Ability to work with limited supervision at times. Company Description:Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH -- Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing. To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Read More >
Browse all restaurant Positions >
Senior Chandon Ambassador
This is a Retail Sales position - The focus of this position is on retail sales and merchandise purchasing and inventory.
To communicate the uniqueness of Domaine Chandon through a consistent and impactful brand message, while exhibiting excellence in customer service in order to create a world class experience for every guest.
Create a High-Quality Visitor Experience: (40%)Maintain Domaine Chandon’s standard of providing World Class Customer service to our guests and fellow co- workers. Message all new and current Visitor Center programs to all guests and co-workers with enthusiasm and consistency. Ensure each Visitor Center associate actively engages all guests, utilizing Chandon’s selling and service standards with consistency through mentoring, shadowing and modeling. When needed, perform wine service and tastings in the Tasting Salon, in a Brand-consistent manner. Ensures Retail staff is accurately communicating tour/trade/club guest counts to Tasting Room staff. Proactively discuss wine and food combinations with Ambassadors and Hosts, highlighting Chandon wine and food pairings. Personally engage in selling and have direct interaction with guests at point-of-sale. Encourage up-sell potential for tour package upgrade and wine and food add-ons. Consistently sell and message the benefits of Club Chandon in order to meet both team and individual monthly goals. Engage in external opportunities to promote the Chandon Brand and expand visitor base. Lead Visitor Center team through change, by overcoming obstacles and creating efficiencies. Provide clear communication to both co-workers and guests regarding Domaine Chandon’s responsible hospitality policy and procedure. Listen to and resolve customer issues regarding service, product and/or personnel.
Efficient Service Support: (20%)Oversee and maintain cleanliness and order of the Visitor Center. Operate point-of-sale system, with accuracy, receiving either cash or credit card, without over-short. Ensure wine and merchandise are stocked and accurate daily inventories are kept. Maintain adequate inventory of glassware, wine and support material. Oversee daily set-up and break-down of Tasting Salon and Outside Terrace, including seating. Ensure that opening checklist and all tasks are completed in a timely manner for both Retail and the Tasting Salon. Ensure that Tasting Salon is clean, stocked and ready for the opening staff.
Lead Tasting Room and Retail Teams: (20%)Participate in the training of associates incorporating the Chandon Guest greeting dialogue to ensure the delivery of a legendary guest experience. Lead and set positive and consistent examples through but not limited to; punctuality, clear communication, and constant staff support. Ensure appropriate staffing levels by making sure shifts are worked as scheduled. Follow-through to ensure that all assigned tasks for the staff have been completed in specified time-frames. Build current staff’s retention of product, wine knowledge, and service standards. Ensure consistent use of Brand vocabulary with each visitor interaction through constant feedback to staff and management. Support the Visitor Center management in ensuring monthly wine club acquisition goals are met, striving to improve personal sign-up performance.
Lead Operational Duties and Communicate Processes: (20%)Maintain exceptional Visitor Center standards, including overall cleanliness and communicating any outstanding repair issues to Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager. Maintain all wine and supply inventory, ensuring that the Salon & Retail Rooms always have adequate quantities; when inventory levels begin to get low communicate the quantity needed to the Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager. Assist with month-end inventories. Ensure daily opening and closing register procedures are followed. Maintain the daily communication log for all team members to read. Inform team members and guests of upcoming events and activities in Visitor Center. Communicate consistently with Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager on all aspects of the daily operation of the Visitor Center, utilizing communication log and weekly team meetings. Actively participate in bi-weekly Visitor Center staff meetings. Identify opportunities and challenges of individuals on team and escalate them to the Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager. Required to participate in the planning, set up, execution, and/or break down of DCC events. Attend all Visitor Center meetings, trainings, and tastings to develop depth of wine knowledge and be apprised of Visitor Center happenings Senior Chandon Ambassador focused on Retail Department: Purchase, maintain and manage inventory for all retail merchandise Senior Chandon Ambassador focused on the VC Salon: Coordinate all Trade, private and large group tours. Maintain daily open and closing procedures as well as staff scheduled lunches and breaks.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Education:High School Diploma, College Education is preferred.
Languages:Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public.
Professional experience & know how:4 years experience in hospitality industry. 4 years experience in Retail merchandise ordering, maintenance, design and inventory preferred. 2 years experience in wine related sales and/or wine club acquisitions. 2 years of wine-related field experience is a plus.. Communicate through active-listening skills and gather accurate insights to human behavior. Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to lead and follow-up tasks. Independently motivated to identify and resolve issues, at department-level.
Technical skills:One to two years of POS experience. Microsoft word and excel experience preferred.
Personal & interpersonal skills:Highly-developed organizational, time management and communication skills. Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team in a very fast paced environment. Great communication skills are a must as well as is the ability to lead and motivate a large team in a fast paced environment. Build team dynamics and synergy across departments. Optimize resource potential.
Read More >
Browse all retail Positions >
Domaine Chandon On Call Tasting Room Host
The On Call Tasting Room Host is responsible for communicating the uniqueness of Domaine Chandon through a consistent and impactful Brand message, while exhibiting excellence in customer service, in order to create a world class experience for every guest.
Create a High-Quality Visitor Experience: (60%)
- Represent our wines and brand in a friendly and professional manner.
- Perform wine service, food service, tastings, and wine education in a brand consistent manner.
- Consistently discuss food and wine pairings, highlighting Chandon food and wine benefits.
- Promote Etoile Restaurant, winemaker dinners, and other restaurant events; refer all guests to Etoile for lunch and dinner.
- Convey Club Chandon benefits to all visitors with clarity and sincerity.
- Sell Club Chandon wine club memberships, striving to improve personal as well as team sign-up performance.
- Achieve and exceed Club Chandon acquisition goals on both team and personal levels.
- Attend all bi-weekly VC meetings in order to stay updated with goals, new releases, new programs, and all other educational materials.
- Read daily communication log for updates and announcements
- Maintain a positive "can do" attitude at all times, supporting all members of the team in various situations.
- Required to participate in the planning, set up, execution, and/or break down of DCC events.
Efficient Service Support: (30%)
- Operate point-of-sale system with accuracy through completing all transactions, providing correct change, and accurately ringing credit transactions.
- Maintain clean and well-stocked Tasting Bar, during prep, throughout service and close-down.
- Keep ALL tables clear of glassware and service ware, wiped clean for visiting guests.
- Stock wine and keep accurate daily inventories.
- Assist in set up and break down of public, private, and group tours.
Set-up and Close-down: (10%)
- Follow opening checklist, ensuring that all tasks are completed in a timely manner and the Tasting Salon is fully cleaned, stocked, and ready for guests by opening time.
- Initiate closing tasks and follow closing checklist ensuring that all closing tasks are performed, and the Tasting Salon is clean, stocked and ready for the opening staff. Education : High School DiplomaLanguages : Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public.Professional experience & know how:
At least 2 years in wine education/hospitality industry.
Communicate through active listening skills and gather accurate insights to human behavior.Technical & management skills:Complete multiple tasks with accuracy and urgency.Assesses situations quickly and responds with appropriate action, taking initiative to problem-solve, if necessary.Able to process point-of-sale functions and comprehends mathematics to complete customer transactions.Leads others, by example and makes decisions based on the needs of the business.Personal & interpersonal skills:Works efficiently and follows company standards, with or without immediate supervision.Possesses knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional visitor experiences.Continues to strive for excellence from own performance and remains self-motivated to improve results, both in selling and productivity.Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH -- Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.To apply, please send your resume including your salary history to email@example.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599.Chandon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead More >
Browse all tasting room Positions >
Cellar Worker III
Domaine Chandon is seeking a Cellar Worker IIIReporting to the Cellar Master, the Cellar Worker III is responsible to perform intermediate to advanced cellar operations with limited supervision in order to create wines of the highest quality. Domaine Chandon's Cellar Worker III will be responsible to:Cellar Work: (85%)
• With limited supervision, perform and direct routine operation of pumps and filters to rack, transfer, and clarify juice and wine.
• Under limited supervision operate all complex cellar equipment, including: membrane and pad filters, heat exchanger, centrifuge, DE pressure filter, cross flow, and STARS.
• Enter accurate and detailed bulk inventory gauging and transfer information on cellar work orders.
• Monitor accuracy and completeness of cellar work orders conducted by Cellar I and Cellar II staff.
• Responsible for sanitation of equipment and facilities in all areas of cellar activity.
• Collect wine samples and general support for laboratory sampling.
• Perform and direct chemical additions to wine.
• Perform and direct equipment maintenance such as hose repair.
• Perform and direct barrel maintenance.
• Perform all barrel procedures including receiving, prepping, filling, topping, cleaning/sanitation, and inventory.
• Set both manual and automatic tank temperature control.
• Safely operate forklift and handcarts.
• Operate and direct operation of presses and crushers.
• Handle shipping and receiving of wine tankers and grape deliveries.
• Maintain yeast and malo-lactic cultures to ensure viability.
Team Support and Administrative: (15%)
• Participate in safety, department, and company meetings.
• General support and coordination with Laboratory and Operations departments.
• Train and direct less skilled workers.
• Conduct inventory on wine and supplies.
• Take lead role in equipment repair and preventative maintenance programs.
• Review completed work orders for accuracy and entry into Lotus Notes Cellar Work Order SystemEducation: High school diploma or GED required. Languages: Fluent EnglishProfessional experience & know how:
• Minimum 4 years winery cellar experience.
• Knowledge of safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals.
• Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures.
• Ability to be trained in confined space entry process and procedures.
• Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified. Technical & management skills:
• Ability to understand and perform basic math.
• Ability to understand and perform basic measurements.
• Ability to train and direct less skilled workers, including seasonal labor.
• Preferred: intermediate knowledge and ability of the following computer software programs: MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook or Lotus Notes.
Personal & interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.Company Description: Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing. To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead More >
Browse all winemaking Positions >