Do you share our passion for the good life? Come join us!
Seasonal Runner at Etoile Restaurant
Etoile, the restaurant at Domaine Chandon is one of Napa Valley's most celebrated destinations and the only fine dining restaurant located in a winery. An extraordinary setting, innovative cuisine, and seamless service combine to create the ultimate food and wine experience.
Etoile Restaurant at Domaine Chandon is currently seeking a Seasonal Runner.
Responsible for delivering all of the food to the customers, accurately, expeditiously, and professionally. This job may be held in conjunction with the position of Back Waiter. All support staff must master the position of runner before being considered for other positions
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Languages:
- Fluent English Required. Professional Experience and Know How:
- Previous experience in a fine dining establishment is necessary.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Passionate about hospitality and denote a desire to progress in the restaurant is needed
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor with varying degree of temperature is required.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced restaurant environment while performing at fine dining industry level standards.
- Environment also requires flexibility to accommodate all guests with an equal quality of service. The goal is to provide extraordinary experience for all patrons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, or legally protected status.
- Problem solving ability: Ability to perceive the flow of the food to the dining room, anticipating hitches and facilitating communication between the kitchen and the dining room regarding their avoidance or resolution.
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history to email@example.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Chandon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead More >
Browse all restaurant Positions >
Domaine Chandon On Call Tasting Room Host
The On Call Tasting Room Host is responsible for communicating the uniqueness of Domaine Chandon through a consistent and impactful Brand message, while exhibiting excellence in customer service, in order to create a world class experience for every guest.
Create a High-Quality Visitor Experience: (60%)
- Represent our wines and brand in a friendly and professional manner.
- Perform wine service, food service, tastings, and wine education in a brand consistent manner.
- Consistently discuss food and wine pairings, highlighting Chandon food and wine benefits.
- Promote Etoile Restaurant, winemaker dinners, and other restaurant events; refer all guests to Etoile for lunch and dinner.
- Convey Club Chandon benefits to all visitors with clarity and sincerity.
- Sell Club Chandon wine club memberships, striving to improve personal as well as team sign-up performance.
- Achieve and exceed Club Chandon acquisition goals on both team and personal levels.
- Attend all bi-weekly VC meetings in order to stay updated with goals, new releases, new programs, and all other educational materials.
- Read daily communication log for updates and announcements
- Maintain a positive "can do" attitude at all times, supporting all members of the team in various situations.
- Required to participate in the planning, set up, execution, and/or break down of DCC events.
Efficient Service Support: (30%)
- Operate point-of-sale system with accuracy through completing all transactions, providing correct change, and accurately ringing credit transactions.
- Maintain clean and well-stocked Tasting Bar, during prep, throughout service and close-down.
- Keep ALL tables clear of glassware and service ware, wiped clean for visiting guests.
- Stock wine and keep accurate daily inventories.
- Assist in set up and break down of public, private, and group tours.
Set-up and Close-down: (10%)
- Follow opening checklist, ensuring that all tasks are completed in a timely manner and the Tasting Salon is fully cleaned, stocked, and ready for guests by opening time.
- Initiate closing tasks and follow closing checklist ensuring that all closing tasks are performed, and the Tasting Salon is clean, stocked and ready for the opening staff. Education : High School DiplomaLanguages : Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public.Professional experience & know how:
At least 2 years in wine education/hospitality industry.
Communicate through active listening skills and gather accurate insights to human behavior.Technical & management skills:Complete multiple tasks with accuracy and urgency.Assesses situations quickly and responds with appropriate action, taking initiative to problem-solve, if necessary.Able to process point-of-sale functions and comprehends mathematics to complete customer transactions.Leads others, by example and makes decisions based on the needs of the business.Personal & interpersonal skills:Works efficiently and follows company standards, with or without immediate supervision.Possesses knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional visitor experiences.Continues to strive for excellence from own performance and remains self-motivated to improve results, both in selling and productivity.Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH -- Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.To apply, please send your resume including your salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599.Chandon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead More >
Browse all tasting room Positions >
Cellar Worker III
Domaine Chandon is seeking a Cellar Worker IIIReporting to the Cellar Master, the Cellar Worker III is responsible to perform intermediate to advanced cellar operations with limited supervision in order to create wines of the highest quality. Domaine Chandon's Cellar Worker III will be responsible to:Cellar Work: (85%)
• With limited supervision, perform and direct routine operation of pumps and filters to rack, transfer, and clarify juice and wine.
• Under limited supervision operate all complex cellar equipment, including: membrane and pad filters, heat exchanger, centrifuge, DE pressure filter, cross flow, and STARS.
• Enter accurate and detailed bulk inventory gauging and transfer information on cellar work orders.
• Monitor accuracy and completeness of cellar work orders conducted by Cellar I and Cellar II staff.
• Responsible for sanitation of equipment and facilities in all areas of cellar activity.
• Collect wine samples and general support for laboratory sampling.
• Perform and direct chemical additions to wine.
• Perform and direct equipment maintenance such as hose repair.
• Perform and direct barrel maintenance.
• Perform all barrel procedures including receiving, prepping, filling, topping, cleaning/sanitation, and inventory.
• Set both manual and automatic tank temperature control.
• Safely operate forklift and handcarts.
• Operate and direct operation of presses and crushers.
• Handle shipping and receiving of wine tankers and grape deliveries.
• Maintain yeast and malo-lactic cultures to ensure viability.
Team Support and Administrative: (15%)
• Participate in safety, department, and company meetings.
• General support and coordination with Laboratory and Operations departments.
• Train and direct less skilled workers.
• Conduct inventory on wine and supplies.
• Take lead role in equipment repair and preventative maintenance programs.
• Review completed work orders for accuracy and entry into Lotus Notes Cellar Work Order SystemEducation: High school diploma or GED required. Languages: Fluent EnglishProfessional experience & know how:
• Minimum 4 years winery cellar experience.
• Knowledge of safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals.
• Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures.
• Ability to be trained in confined space entry process and procedures.
• Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified. Technical & management skills:
• Ability to understand and perform basic math.
• Ability to understand and perform basic measurements.
• Ability to train and direct less skilled workers, including seasonal labor.
• Preferred: intermediate knowledge and ability of the following computer software programs: MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook or Lotus Notes.
Personal & interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.Company Description: Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing. To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead More >
Browse all winemaking Positions >